VuePress default theme is just a theme to provide basic documentation layout. E.g.: it doesn't inject meta tags and generate Sitemap for SEO optimization. Besides, though VuePress has extended Markdown syntax to a certain extent, it still lacks some commonly used functions, such as text alignment, mark, flowchart, formula, presentation, etc. At the same time, some features provided by the default theme are weak or missing, such as picture preview, code block copy, toc, etc.
vuepress-theme-hope and related plugins were born under this situation.
We not only greatly improve outlook comparing to default theme, but also provide a full range of enhancements for VuePress with theme plugins.
Powerful and independent features
We extract each feature into a plugin, so that users can use them in other themes or customize their behavior standalone.
All features will try to use a default value if possible, so you can use them under zero or minimum configuration.
This helps a lot to reduce your migration or learning costs while directly enjoy their convenience.
The theme interface has been completely refactored to provide customizable and beautiful layouts.
With the help of Vue3's composition API, the theme fully achieve "Tree-shaking" while remaining powerful.
The theme will only run with features you want, without being slowed down by other features or affecting the bundle size.
The theme provides a lot of extended syntax support for Markdown, allowing you to insert more content in the body.
We have some built-in enhancement with images.
If you are a programmer and need to show a lot of codes and demos, this theme provides light and dark themes for code blocks, code tabs and the "one-click copy" button. At the same time, we also provide the Code Demo, Playground, Kotlin Playground and Vue Playground functions, which is convenient for you to show your own Vue, React components or other demos and provide playground for visitors.
To reorganize your content, the theme provides File Include function.
In short, anyone can enjoy the convenience of Markdown's enhanced syntax.
Theme colors: allowing you to switch dynamically during browsing
- Support for icons and path prefix.
- Improved layout on mobile.
Page info including:
- Writing date
- Word count and estimated reading time
- Tags and Categories
Picture Preview which supports zooming, dragging, slides browsing, sharing and downloading
Page Encryption feature to limit access.
Copyright appending while copying, or directly disable page copy and selection
Search Engine Optimization
A brand-new blog homepage.
Provides Comment and PageViews feature to let you communicate with your visitors
Provides Feed generation, so that others can subscribe your site.
The theme includes the following plugins, you can use them in other themes or directly.
- vuepress-plugin-auto-catalog: Catalog automatically generation for VuePress2
- vuepress-plugin-blog2: Blog plugin for VuePress2
- vuepress-plugin-comment2: Comment and pageviews
- vuepress-plugin-components: Provide some out of box plugins
- vuepress-plugin-copy-code2: Provide copy button for code blocks
- vuepress-plugin-copyright2: Append copyright information when copying or disable copy and selection.
- vuepress-plugin-feed2: Feed support
- vuepress-plugin-md-enhance: Provide more Markdown syntax
- vuepress-plugin-photo-swipe: Make the site's picture support click zoom
- vuepress-plugin-pwa2: Enhanced PWA support
- vuepress-plugin-reading-time2: Expect reading time and words count
- vuepress-plugin-sass-palette: Sass style plugin for all plugins and themes
- vuepress-plugin-seo2: SEO Enhancement Plugin
- vuepress-plugin-sitemap2: Sitemap plugin
Here are some other plugins that are not bundled by the theme, you can enable them according to your own needs.